I hope you are safe. The unrest across the nation is extremely distressing. It's hard to describe the range of emotions I am feeling about the U.S. now. I stand for peaceful radical change. All lives matter. Your lives matter. Let's stand up for each other and positive change.
Now, to get off my "Soapbox." (Idiom: a thing that provides an opportunity for someone to air their views publicly.)
On the 1st Monday of each Month, I have a free Zoom accent reduction hour, Talk with the Coach, for the students enrolled in my 5 Day Accent Reduction Challenge (http://www.clearenglishcoach.com). The next one is July 6, 7-8:00 p.m. CST.
We were talking about ways to practice speaking, so I thought I'd share these with you.
- Read out loud 10 minutes daily - good way to practice Mouth & Tongue exercises (Youtube video: https://youtu.be/lFyWC6u9bMk) intentional pronunciation of the last consonant sound, correct articulation of the American alphabet
- Listen to TEDTalks: find topics that interest you and speakers that are easy to understand
- Business English Pod: free podcast audio lessons with hundreds of business topics
- AmericanRhetoric.com: 100 best speeches with audio and script to follow and listen for pace, pauses, inflection, intonation and articulation. Barack Obama is a wonderful speaker.
- Nursery Rhymes: Youtube has lots of these, great for stressed and unstressed words, rhythm and beat
- Tongue Twisters: (Google Tongue Twisters, search Youtube) great workout for your tongue coordination and flexibility
$100 Scholarship Coupon Code: STAYHOMEJUNE -available for the first 4 people who use it on the Full Price option
See you on June 11, 7-8:00 p.m. CST. Remember to pre-register.